Friday, January 05, 2007

The Best Little Hair House in Texas

Whew! I've been so busy. Posting has been appropriately light. But I have a little time now.

Once every 4-10 years (and once every 6 months from the ages of 16-20), I go absolutely batshit crazy and cut my hair.

To be fair to myself, I didn't ask for it to be as short as the "lady" cut it, but apparently the phrase 2 inches meant something entirely different to her. So I now find myself with hair that's easy to wash, easy to brush, easy to style, but phenomenally unattractive. The good news is that it makes me look younger. The bad news is that I now look like a chubby boy with huge chi-chis. In all seriousness, I hated it, but now I'm secretly starting to like how easy it is. Jethro, being a gentleman (despite his ardent fondness of Depeche Mode) of largely heterosexual persuasion, doesn't care for it.

The cutest thing I can do with it is put into two little pigtails. And while I look a bit like I should be slopping pigs professionally, I look somewhat less like Wiley Wiggins in Dazed and Confused, so that's a plus.

You'd think I'd be less vain by now.

*Side note here: Kind remarks regarding my physical appearance are sweet, but unnecessary. I have a monstrous ego that needs no feeding (otherwise I wouldn't blog about myself so much). And while I wouldn't say I have high self-esteem, there is very little possibility I can be insulted simply because I won't believe you when you try.

No comments: